Sunday, May 27, 2012

Marathon Weekend

Last weekend was the big marathon weekend here.  Friday, my best friend, Kacee, arrived and we went for pedicures after school.  That night was the 5K.  I had a group at school doing the 5K this year.  We have been planning and getting ready for months.  The students I work with I special needs and this isn't something they've done before.  Kacee came along and it was fun to introduce her to my kids and have her see what I do everyday. We had t-shirts made that said R.I.S.K.  It stands for running in-spired kids and of course we've also been talking about taking a risk.  It was a great night and they all crossed the finish line and got their medals.  They were a pretty big deal on Monday wearing their medals!  I am so proud of them.  

Saturday morning I ran the half marathon.  This was my 6th half and I finished in 2 hours 34 minutes, which isn't my best time, but about what I was expecting for the amount of training I got in with the house stuff going on.  I felt good though.  I went for bloody mary's and bingo after the race with my husband and his parents.  Kacee and I went out later that night to celebrate.  I didn't take many pictures, but here are a couple.

My friend Molly and I after the 5K.
                                              

My mother-in-law and I after finishing the half 
                                               

Celebrating with Kacee

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment