Sunday, May 6, 2012

Productive Weekend

We got a lot of stuff done around the house this weekend to get it ready for sale!  Such a good feeling.  We still had time to go out for a few beers Friday night, I got a 10 mile run in, we went out to breakfast with Gav's parents, and I worked my part-time job for 11 hours.

House accomplishments for the weekend include:

  • Basement bathroom cleaned and "staged"
  • Garage cleaned out
  • Upstairs closets cleaned out and boxed up things we won't need
  • Upstairs furniture moved to garage or dining room (carpet cleaners coming tomorrow)
  • Upstairs carpets vacuumed and baseboards cleaned
  • Replaced a couple fence posts 
  • Laundry
  • Removed a couple cement boulders that have been sitting around for 2 years
It's spring clean-up week here so pretty much anything can be put out and the garbage trucks will pick it up.  Perfect timing for us.  We planned to get rid of our upstairs furniture after we sold the house because it's not in very good shape and not worth moving and storing.  We decided to put it out for clean-up week and borrow some furniture to stage just to get rid of it.  Within about 5 minutes of setting it by the street, a couple of young fellows in a red pick-up came and grabbed the couch and matching chaise.  Damn it, I probably could have gotten 20 bucks if I'd waited.  I had to get a picture on the couch as it was my first big purchase with my first teacher paycheck.  This couch was also special for Benson because it was so comfy and he napped there for hours everyday while we were at work.  Of course he is also the reason it's not in good shape.  I'm a little sentimental!  


No comments:

Post a Comment