- House update: Last week were our last days in our house. I was busy packing all day and night it seemed. Tuesday, I mowed our yard for the last time too. Which was sad because I do love to mow and we loved that yard and know we will never have a yard that big. Wednesday was the day and we had to have everything out. It was a weird day just walking through the empty rooms, making sure we had everything. Gav came home from work and loaded the last load of boxes into his brother's truck; I was crying in the kitchen. The 3 of us had one last beer at Meyer Blvd. and Gav took a few last boxes to the storage unit and I called my sister and cried some more. Gav got back and we sat on the porch and waited for the new buyer's son to come and do a final walk-thru, I was crying again. He had sunglasses on, but he might have been tearing up a little under there too. To cheer me up, he said: "now you'll get pregnant and we'll buy my parents house and you can live next to your favorite friend forever." I hope that's how it works out! We went to set up a few things at our new "apartment" in my in-law's basement and went and grabbed some food and a beer. Since then, we are pretty much set up. We have a few things to move over to the storage unit, but need to see what will fit in our new "apartment" first. I will post pics when we are all settled in.
- Distractions update: Last weekend Gavin was invited to play in a fast-pitch tournament in Wisconsin. I figured if he was leaving town our last weekend, I was too. He dropped me off with a friend in the cities and he went on the next day for the tournament. We went to a concert, shopped, ate out, danced, and went to the lake. Just what I needed! Gavin's team ended up getting first place in the tournament which is a pretty big deal as they had a lot of good teams and pitchers there. It was a late night Sunday, but worth it to get a away from our stress at home for a few days.
- Marriage update: This moving business is hard on a marriage. I think neither of us thought the other one was doing enough and there was so much to get done. Tuesday, Gav got home from work and told me that had I really picked it up this week. I work best under pressure I guess! He must have forgotten that I was finishing a grad class the week before too. Whatever. Change is hard and we have a lot at once and more coming. We'll get through, but that last week was tough.
- Baby-making Update: We got the information about a possible donor on Monday. I read through it that day and Gavin did after work. This would be her 5th time as a donor. She is healthy, a little taller than me and slightly more green eyes, but looks a lot like me. This is according to the coordinator; we don't get to see a picture. The best part for Gavin, is that she sounds really athletic. Which I am not and we always joked that hopefully our kids are more coordinated than me. She is a personal trainer for a job and graduated with a degree in exercise science. How funny is that? On Tuesday I called the coordinator and accepted the donor. We have a match ladies and gentlemen! I also increased my thyroid meds on Tuesday and they will check in a few weeks to be sure it's enough. They think the need for a dose increase could be stress related. Really?! Gavin went to the cities for softball again this weekend. He is going to stay and work from the office there on Monday so that he can "do his part" at the clinic. This will be for a sample to freeze in case we get to the real thing and he is sick or has broken both his arms or something! They will also do an analysis on the sample and blood work.
- The dilemma: I can keep secrets for other people, but not so much about me. Pretty much as soon as I started the blog, I told my mom, sister, sister-in-law, aunts, and close girlfriends about the blog. They are probably the only ones that read it actually! Now that we have the money in the bank and a donor match, things can start rolling for the IVF cycle when we are ready. I was struggling with the decision to put dates about our plan on the blog or keep that a secret. When we did IVF on our own, we didn't tell anyone. I think I told my sister "sometime in the winter" and our parents probably had a guess because they knew about when I was giving myself shots. Not telling is nice because then people don't keep asking about it. Then, when it didn't work, we just told the people we wanted to. It's also a little stressful to keep it a secret. If we keep the dates a secret, what will I blog about and a main reason for the blog is to document the journey. So, I've decided to keep blogging and share dates on here. ** I trust that the people I've told about the blog understand that we don't want everyone and their brother to know about the timing of our IVF cycle. The friends and family that I told about the blog are also the people we would tell about the success or failure of this cycle. I hope you keep following with prayers, because here we go people!
- Dates: Now that we accepted the donor, the next cycle the clinic does is in September and we've decided to go ahead with this cycle. Don't worry it won't be the first week of school! The donor and I both will start taking birth control pills on Sunday to get our cycles in sync. Other meds and information will be coming later on. We have a trip to California with Gavin's family planned in August. I'm thinking after that trip, I will start backing off the drinking and caffeine and try to eat a little better. This summer has been bad, kind of like I'm 22 or something. Sure has been a fun summer though! Then, I can also tell the people that we won't share the dates with that I am just trying to get my body ready for "maybe" doing a cycle, but nothing specific.
- If you read all this, wow! thanks! Enjoy the rest of the weekend. - Sarah
Saturday, July 14, 2012
This final week of the move had me so busy, I haven't been able to even read blogs let alone update mine. I have lots of updates to share so I'm putting in bullet points. Might need a glass of wine or something for this read!