Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I never thought I'd see the day...

Today I received a letter in the mail AND a voice mail from the clinic with instructions that we need to either abstain or use a barrier method to prevent pregnancy even though I started birth control for our upcoming cycle with the donor.  Are you kidding me?  We've been trying for 5 years, is there really a chance I could get pregnant on birth control pills?  I feel like we have a better chance of winning the lottery and we don't even buy lottery tickets.  They repeated this in the voice mail twice so they must mean business.  I guess we'll follow the doctor's orders!

I guess this message doesn't have much to do with our plans, but I just don't want to forget that I was ever told this direction.  And now I have a new joke - "Honey, remember that time we were SO fertile we needed 2 types of birth control."  Never thought I would say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment