Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Things I Missed

Don't take this post the wrong way, I am so happy that our little one has arrived and I am so in love with her.  I loved being pregnant and I know the last weeks aren't easy, but I still feel like I missed out on a few things with her early arrival.

Our teacher at childbirth class had been preparing us for going past our due date as this is likely with first babies.  I even had plans to celebrate each week 36 weeks and beyond on this worksheet she handed out in class.  

I was supposed to take pregnancy pictures this coming weekend.  I had a cute new maternity outfit picked out and a friend who was going to take the pics had some really fun ideas for us.

Missed out on stretch marks, so that's a good thing.

I got to see my tummy bounce a couple times on the outside from her moving around.  Gav was really looking forward to the time when we would be able to see a foot or something move from the outside, but she came to soon for this.

Most of all, I miss that I can't have her on the inside taking care of her breathing and eating for her still.  It is so hard for her to do these things on her own on the outside and I'd give anything to take these troubles away from her.  Now, when I miss her because I've left her with the nurses in the nicu, I still touch my belly wishing I could feel her and know she's okay.  


No comments:

Post a Comment