Friday, May 10, 2013

Auntie

Today was a big day.  After 7 weeks on hospital bed rest with twins, my sister was set free to go home until the babies come.  She made it to 36 weeks so far.  I know it wasn't an easy 7 weeks for her, in a hospital, in a town over an hour from home.  I do have to say that I enjoyed having her here.  We haven't lived in the same town for probably 5 years.  The past 7 weeks, I've gotten to see her almost every day and while we've always been close, this brought us closer.  We shared our pregnancy on a different level with this experience that's for sure.  I can't think of a single thing we haven't talked about, there were a lot of laughs, and some tears (all by me actually which doesn't really make sense; maybe I am a crybaby).  While I wish the last 7 weeks would have been different for her pregancy, it's our journey and I am thankful for the time we had together.  Lots of memories to tell the kiddos some day.

Bayden was so excited to meet her auntie!  After her bath last night, I brought in a special sleeper that said "auntie's girl" for her to be wearing today.  This little outfit was a hit with all the nurses (thanks auntie Anna!).  Bayden got to snuggle with Auntie Megan and met Uncle Matt when she was taking her bottle.  Thanks for coming to meet Bayden, I know how badly you wanted to get home!  

Snuggle time with Auntie Megan
Here are a few pics with some of her other aunties.  She is such a lucky girl!

With Auntie Robin - 2 days old

Great Aunt Arla


No comments:

Post a Comment