Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lemon Drops

This story is a little old, but I had to wait for my sister's news was out to tell the full story.

Growing up, my grandma always had lemon drops; in her purse, on the kitchen counter, in the camper, everywhere.  She always a treat for the grand-kids or whoever she was with.  I probably had one every time I saw her growing up.

Fast forward to about 20 some years later while my sister and I are both in the sickness stage of our pregnancies.  I had a friend tell me to keep sour or hard candies on me for when I felt sick and my sister had seen this tip on-line.  Separately, we went shopping for hard candies to carry with us.  Of course, we both pick up lemon drops, thinking of our grandma.  We talked about it that week of the purchases and laughed and cried about how we thought of her and what she would think about these three little babies.

Around 8 or 9 weeks pregnant, I was driving home from school and couldn't stop dry heaving.  With tears in my eyes because I didn't know if I should pull over and if I could make it home, I dug in my purse for a lemon drop.  Found one, it helped, and I made it home.  How I wished I could have called Grandma Mabel to tell her how I was saved by a lemon drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment