Tuesday, August 13, 2013

We Made It

Well, my sister and I survived the 3 hour trip (4 and a half for me) and days at my parents with the 3 babies.  It was a lot of fun and worth the extra work.  It's extra work to get there, but then my parents are so in love with the babies that it's less work when we're there.  When I got to my sister's house she was at the walk-in clinic with Maysen causing us to talk about her poopy diapers for the rest of the week.  She's doing much better now!  We shouldn't be surprised that the little princess is on a special formula.  My sister is expecting her to be on an expensive and special diet her entire life.  Things like this give her the nickname, Princess. The babies did great on the way there and went 3 hours without stopping.  Of course everyone was very hungry when we arrived.  The girls made a few peeps and Megan and I would look at each other and say, "well, if they do that 1 more time we'll stop."  They always went back to sleep.

Wednesday and Thursday included lots of laughs, diapers, bottles, shopping, and great grandparent visits.  On Friday, my brother's family arrived to the farm.  This was the first time all 5 kids were together at the farm. Now there were more laughs, diapers, bottles, and a trip to the zoo.

My sister and I headed for home on Saturday and that's when we ran into a little trouble.  We had to stop at a wal/mart parking lot to feed 2 babies.  Luckily my sister and I decide to just laugh at the craziness of this and we got through it - 3 babies, 1 bottle, 2 breasts, a dog, and of course we had to take turns going to the bathroom too.  There is another story, but it's just too embarrassing to put online.  Also, not everyone (our husbands) are ready to laugh about it yet.  I was thinking that the "incident" would have ruined our chances for mothers of the year, but the babies slept through it all so I don't think it counts against us.  Someday when we've had too much to drink and you need to hear a funny story, we'll tell you.

Enjoy some pics!


They really bonded during the car ride.

Great grandpa, my sister, & the twins

I kept saying we brought the circus to the zoo.  It was just silly.

Me & B at the zoo.  (notice her giraffe top and animal print shorts)

No comments:

Post a Comment