Tuesday, August 6, 2013

First Girls Road Trip

I am way behind on my blogging.  My excuse is that B is a little more portable now so we are going for lunch and coffee and shopping.  She also doesn't sleep as much as she used to.

A few weeks ago we went on our first road trip to visit my parents.  Gav was leaving town for a fastpitch tournament.  My aunt happened to be going the same way so we were able to ride with her.  Good thing because she was a lot of help and made the drive much smoother.  B did great in the car and we got to see a lot of people while we were back.  It was a busy trip with several firsts for Bayden.  First trip to the farm, first time seeing great grandma Chris and great grandpa Morgan, first time seeing several of my cousins, aunts, and uncles, first time to the mall, first time in a liquor store, first time at my hometown church, and first time away from daddy over night.

Here are a few pictures of our trip home.

2nd cousins

Napping with grandpa

cousin Howie

New cousin Caroline was born!

Visiting great grandpa
A few stories that we don't want to forget from the weekend:  My grandpa couldn't get over what a good baby she was and thought she looks a lot like me when we were visiting him!  I just enjoyed the compliment and it made me smile.   During the first song at church, B was still in her car seat and my dad whispers, "why is she turning red?"  I whisper, "she's pooping."  My mom whispers with a worried face, "I put her last diaper on."  I went to change her and it wouldn't have mattered if she had 3 diapers on.  She had pooped through the front and the back, through the bloomers and the dress.  My mom had to wash it twice later that day.  But she looked so cute for about 10 minutes.  She had another incident a few days later that had 4 adults helping with her diaper, clothes, and bath.

It was a great trip home and just what I always dreamed of bringing a baby back home.  Bayden loved the love and attention and I loved all the help and support.  We're going back again tomorrow this time with my sister and the twins!  It should be pretty wild and I'm sure I'll have a blog post or 2 about that trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment