Friday, August 30, 2013

Back to School

Monday I started back at work and B started daycare.  I was not looking forward to this at all and kept hoping Gav would get a big raise or we would win the lottery or something.  I always thought I wouldn't want to be a stay at home mom, but I think I could have done it until she was 1.  Bayden came early to get me 6 extra weeks off from work, I didn't want her doing anything else drastic to give me more time though.

I had 4 days of teacher workshops and she went to daycare 4 days.  Today I am off and I kept her home with me.  My week was spent at meetings, training, back to school night with parents, and working in my classroom.  But really it was a lot of visiting with co-workers and showing cute pictures of her.  This is the least prepared I have ever been to go back to school, but it will fall into place and I think it will be a good year.

Daycare seems to be going well.  The first drop off wasn't as hard as I thought it would be.  Gav came along the first day for drop off and pick up.  They say she is a good baby and they've known what to do when her alarm has gone off - only for low battery and loose wires so far.  She has been really tired out there and at home too.  According to the calendar, the theme this week was Dr. Seuss.  Ha!

Here is a pic of our first day!


No comments:

Post a Comment