Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weeks 24 and 25

Sorry for my absence on the blog.  My aunts must be going crazy wondering where I've been and Gavin is sure I lost some readers.  I hope not and thanks for still checking in.  Everything is fine here, just had a busy couple weeks.  Two weekends ago we went on a hockey trip.  There were 11 of us in a van and we traveled 6 hours for a couple games.  This is where baby turned 24 weeks.  We ended up getting stormed in about 2 hours from home on Sunday and had to stay in a hotel another night.   It was a great trip.

Here is the latest for weeks 24 / 25.

Little one:  Moving and kicking and letting mama know that everything is just fine.  Baby is about 13 and a half inches long and weighing 1 and a half pounds.  Now is when baby will be fattening up.  Little one is also growing hair and if we could see it, we would be able to know the hair color.  I'm sure everyone is wondering, is baby a red head?!

Mama:  That 6 hour van ride gave me some swollen ankles and I was worried I'd be needing special socks already.  Once I was back home and on my feet more, they are back to normal.  My books say that I could start to feel a little less graceful about this time in pregnancy.  I think that's about right because things were a little harder at yoga on Sunday afternoon.  The instructor said I did great modifying the poses; that's a nice way to put it.  However on our trip, Gavin said he saw me jumping over some puddles looking really graceful!  Maybe he wasn't being serious though.  I still kind of thought maybe strangers couldn't tell I was pregnant unless I had on tighter clothes, but at the hockey game some guy said congrats to us and I was wearing  2 shirts, a sweatshirt, and 2 coats (all the warm clothes that fit me at a cold game).

Daddy still grabs my stomach and says, "I can't believe there is a baby in there" but isn't patient enough to wait to feel movement.  As soon as he takes his hands away, there is a kick.

Baby gear:  Making a few purchases when we find some sales.  We have a car seat and monitors and we just ordered a crib.  We are very lucky and have several friends giving us other baby gear.  That's the nice part about having kids after everyone else.  Also finding some random little clothes on the sale racks too.  Now we just need a house to put it in.  

Appointments:  We have another ultrasound on Monday.  I will also do the glucose test and we will meet with the doctor that same day.  I will post after that.  Hopefully with 3D pics of a cute little face!

24 weeks - Baby's first outdoor hockey game!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment