Monday, June 10, 2013

Dear NICU

Today we went to see B's nicu doctor and occupational therapist for a check-up.  She will be going in for these check-ups about once a month.  She checks out fine.  They'd like to see her gaining a little more weight and she still needs the monitor of course.  We also brought a thank-you note for the staff in the nicu. While it was not a fun place to visit for hours a day for 6 weeks, we are very thankful for the care and love they gave Bayden.  Her thank you note went something like this.

Dear NICU -

Thank you for taking such good care of me during my stay at the NICU.  Thank you for feeding me, changing my diapers, giving me my medicine, giving me baths, and putting me in cute outfits with matching bedding.  Thank you for the head massages (the ones you called "stim").  They were a little rough sometimes, but it was a nice reminder to take a breath.  And of course thank you for all the little bursts of oxygen you gave me!  Sorry for causing so much trouble.  Most of all, thanks for snuggling me when my mom and dad couldn't be there.

I also want to a apologize for my mother.  She really was the biggest baby in the NICU, poor gal.  My mom and dad tried and waited a long time to have me and they have gone through a lot of hard stuff.  She just couldn't help it.  Thanks for giving her hugs and helping her through my hospital stay.  She's better now that I'm at home!

Thanks for all you did for me and all the other babies.  I will stop in and visit!

Love, Bayden


No comments:

Post a Comment